3 DAYS MOUNT MERU
The 3 Day Mount Meru Climb & Hike is the best for acclimatization prior to Mount Kilimanjaro climbing; The Mountain is the fourth highest peak in Africa and is the second highest mountain in Tanzania at 4,568m.
The mountain is situated within Arusha National Park, Tanzania’s gem. This prime location gives trekkers the chance to spot some of the wildlife that inhabits the area.
Day 1: Meriakamba Hut (Full board), 1,387 m to (1,500 m (10 km) Hiking Time: 4-6 hours
We drive from Arusha to Momela Gate. After a completing registration at the Gate our walk begin with full armed ranger escorting us, simply we can see along the way the wild animals including elephants, zebras, and giraffe, monkeys, antelope, and often elephants along the route. Dinner and overnight night at Miriakamba Hut.
Day 2: Saddle Hut (Full board), Distance: 8 km, Hiking Time: 3-5 hours
The walk from Miriakamba Hut to the saddle below Little Meru is a short day but a steep climb. The walk will take us slowly along the ridge for a spectacular view of the Meru Crater and the impressive Ash Cone. After hot lunch at Saddle Hut we can make a short climb to the summit of Little Meru (3,820m) for superb views just before sunset. Dinner and overnight at Saddle Hut
Day 3: Summit Day ( Half Board) Distance: 5 km up 13 km down, Hiking Time: 12 – 14 hours
We start early at around 1:30 a.m. to climb steeply to Rhino Point (3,800 m.) and on to Cobra Point (4350m). We reach the summit (4,566 m) for sunrise there is a possibility to see Kilimanjaro Peak above the clouds. The final part of the climb is along a spectacular narrow ridgeline between the sheer inner cliffs and the sloping outer wall of the crater. We take a short rest and brunch at Saddle Hut before continuing the descent to the Momella gate. The returning transfer will be waiting at Momella Gate to pick you to your hotel in Arusha
- TWO NIGHTS ACCOMMODATION IN MOSHI/ARUSHA BED AND BREAKFAST.
- Return transportation from the mountain to the hotel
- Qualified guides with mountain crew
- National park fees
- Tents and sleeping mattresses
- Cutlery / Crockery / Eating utensils
- Mess tent (for dining) / Mini camping chairs / Tables / Candles
- Rescue fees
- Pulse oximeters
- First aid kit
- Guides, porters, cook, waiter salaries
- Boiled water on the mountain
- All meals on the mountain (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Guides, porters, waiter, cook accommodation and entry fees on the mountain
- Armed Ranger Fee.
- Airport transfers
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Gear for your climb
- Items of personal nature
- Additional nights beyond the two standard hotel nights included
- Emergency oxygen