4 DAYS MERU MOUNTAIN
Day 1: Arusha/Mariakamba Hut
Mt.Meru Park Gate – Mariakamba: 4-5 hours
Drive from Arusha to the Mt. Meru park gate where you will be met by our game ranger and porters. Hike for the few hours to Mariakamba Hut at 8,500 ft. From here you may wish to take an evening walk on the slopes to view wildlife at one of the watering holes in the crater. Dinner and overnight rest at Mariakamba Hut
Day 2: Mariakamba Hut – Saddle Hut
Mariakamba – Saddle Hut: 3-4 hours
After breakfast hike to upto 11,500 ft to arrive at Saddle Hut. If time permits you can climb a little further on Mount Meru for a scenic view of the ‘Roof of Africa’, Mount Kilimanjaro. This will also be part of more acclimatization. Overnight at Saddle Hut
Day 3: Saddle Hut – Summit – Mariakamba Hut
Saddle Hut – Summit: 4-6 hours
An early rise to hike all the way to the summit before the afternoon clouds cover the summit. From the summit, descend back to the 11,500 ft Saddle Hut in time for lunch. After lunch, hike down to Mariakamba Hut for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Mariakamba Hut – Arusha
Breakfast at the camp and a leisurely morning. Descend to the park gate to connect with your waiting transfer vehicle back to your Arusha Hotel, continue with other programs or depart.
- TWO NIGHTS ACCOMMODATION IN MOSHI/ARUSHA BED AND BREAKFAST.
- Return transportation from the mountain to the hotel
- Qualified guides with mountain crew
- National park fees
- Tents and sleeping mattresses
- Cutlery / Crockery / Eating utensils
- Mess tent (for dining) / Mini camping chairs / Tables / Candles
- Rescue fees
- Pulse oximeters
- First aid kit
- Guides, porters, cook, waiter salaries
- Boiled water on the mountain
- All meals on the mountain (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Guides, porters, waiter, cook accommodation and entry fees on the mountain
- Armed Ranger Fee.
- Airport transfers
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Gear for your climb
- Items of personal nature
- Additional nights beyond the two standard hotel nights included
- Emergency oxygen